Thursday, September 16, 2010

In Class: new observation ideas

The question "what sorts of people work at Starbucks" was raised in my classmates feedback.  I find this question hard to answer because Starbucks baristas tend to be a very eclectic bunch.  If i had to generalize however, I would say that baristas are generally young, wearing black or white, and familiar with their product. The Starbucks Coffee Co. has some unique terminology, and knowing and understanding this lingo is key to working in that environment.  Customer service is key in customer satisfaction; I believe having good customer relations is making an appeal not only to ethos, but to logos and pathos as well.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very interesting question to ask. I know that the kinds of people that come into Starbucks Coffee shops are usually very diverse and unique. But it seems like there is a certain type of personality and attitude needed to be a barista.

    ReplyDelete